Prior to my starting my Year of Shame Challenge September’s PlayStation Plus Games were released on 3rd September 2014:
- Velocity 2X (which I already received 3 weeks earlier as a review copy from FuturLab on PSVita & PS4);
- Sport Friends (PS3 & PS4);
- Hoard (PS3);
- Joe Danger PS Vita;
- PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale (PS3 & PSVita);
- TxK (PSVita) a fantastic neo-retro shoot I reviewed earlier in the year HERE.
Due to poor timing on my part I also picked up Octobers PS+ Games too:
- Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4);
- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystra (PS3);
- Pix The Cat (PSVita & PS4);
- Sperlunky (PS3, PSVita & PS4);
- Rainbow Moon (PS3 & PSVita);
- Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) thankfully I already own that disc.
- I was also expecting to receive the PS+ Version of PS4 Exclusive Driveclub but due to a server implosion at this point it’s not yet been released. Grr & Phew!
I also gained the PS4 version of Hotline Miami due it being Cross-buy with a previous PS+ freebie.
I’ve did pick up quite a few review copies this month too:
- OlliOlli (PS3 & PS4) from Roll7 (technically I would have received free copy via Cross Buy as I reviewed the PSVita version HERE;
- Futuridium EP Deluxe (Cross-Buy PSVita & PS4) from Mixed Bag Games;
- CastleStorm Definitive Edition (PS4) &;
- KickBeat Special Edition (PS4) from Zen Studios.
Now I’ve written this down, I can see how much I’ve gained, 13 new games including Destiny. Which is absolutely crazy and fully justifies my decision to do a Year of Shame.
What did I think about the games I’ve played?
I did at little streaming of OlliOlli on PS4 and realised I suck hard at it, doesn’t stop it being incredibly compelling requiring just one more go, usually resulting in me bouncing face first off the concrete. It’s also is the first game that has actually started to cause my Dual Shock 4’s plastic to disintegrate.
You can read my review of Futuridium Deluxe EP HERE but I’m not finished with CastleStorm DE yet so you’ll have to wait.
I also really enjoyed going back and completing both Lee & Mei’s Stories on Kickbeat with the Special Edition on PS4. With added 3D on the big screen I will write an update to my original PSVita Review as it features new tracks, as you can see below one the tracks by enV is a really bonus edition.
How’s it been?
Well considering I’ve grown my Pile Of Shame and mainly played new games not too bad, managing to get time to write reviews has been really tough but I loved Futuridium Deluxe EP. I was surprised by CastleStorm DE as it’s not my usual type of game and I’ll keep dipping back in to it until I’ve reviewed it. Got a little bored with Destiny due to the poor story but loved teaming up with JAMclan, especially during Crucible matches.
Checkout my 12 kill streak below:
Generally it’s been fine, I’ve had no major urge to buy any games, mainly due to the number of hours I’d put into Destiny, as well as the number of games I’d gained via PS+ and review copies that have kept me really busy, bouncing between PSVita and PS4. I haven’t touched my PS3, which is disappointing considering that is where most of my Pile of Shame exists. I will aim to play more games next months that I already own and haven’t planned to receive any review copies.
What have I missed?
Having time to play anything from my Pile of Shame has been a big miss for me. I’ll do better next month I’m sure. There’s on one game I feel I’ve missed out on as Daz has been making jealous by playing Alien Isolation. It looks great but seems to be getting mixed reviews so maybe I’m doing myself a favour by restricting my purchases for a year, so I can pick it up cheap.
There has been some sales but nothing I feel I should have bought, thankfully. I have missed my aim to Platinum as game a month which is really disappointing but I have boosted my trophy count, which is nice.
All the numbers:
- Months Completed: 1 of 12
- Games Acquired: 13
- Games Played: 6
- Games completed: 3
- Trophies gained: 40
- Platinum Trophies gained: 0
- Total Trophies: 5003